HOW TO STYLE A SUIT AND 12 OF MY CURRENT FAVOURITES

Ellie Adams - ellenextdoor
Photography by Kaye 

Originally this post was going to be one of those super snazzy styling posts (lol, who do I think I am apart from a 90 year old that still says snazzy and clearly has memory loss because I am not a super snazzy styling person, I am a "here's a little ramble about my life and what I decided to shove on today" kinda girl), however, the actual case is really quite different.

The actual case is that I've just got back from a yoga retreat - KaliYoga in Spain fyi and it was f**king dreamy! (more on this soon) - and I am so mentally, emotionally and physically drained that the most I can really manage is.... I'm wearing this suit which makes me feel as sassy as Beyonce - or, you know, as sassy as one can feel whilst having 4 day old greasy hair and legs that haven't been shaved in about 2 months - and I really blimmin love it.

So here's said suit. Oh, and an amazing pair of sunnies from Valentino via my baes Sunglass Hut, which I cannot get enough of.

Oh, and my GIRLvsCANCER tit tee which is forever my favourite tee on earth. Nuff said.

BRB while I shoot myself in the face for saying a phrase that made me gag at 15, let alone 25.
Ellie Adams - ellenextdoor
5 Tips for rocking a suit

1. Pair it with some trainers for a casual/chic look. A suit, no matter what style or colour is a bit of a statement and it might feel a bit much on a day to day basis (I'm personally all for it fyi), so to make the overall look a little more laid back, whack on a pair of trainers to make it a little more casual cool and effortless.

2. Ditch what's underneath and get your sass on! For me, the ultimate way to wear a suit is for a special occasion/night out with nothing underneath - or a pretty bralette if you've actually got boobs which don't just stay where they are because they're so miniscule - paired with a sexy ass pair of stilettos. Just make sure the blazer is well fitted and buttons up tightly. #FreeTheNip

3. Break it up! If you're going all out with a bright red suit - my absolute fave - then you're best bet is to break it up with a plain white tee and some neutral accessories to avoid a "you are a walking telephone box/kaleidoscope" look.

4. Pay attention to the fit. If you're going for a tailored blazer and cigarette trouser suit then you're going to want to make sure it fits really well to keep it all looking sleek and sexy (no you die inside at the thought of trying to help people look sexy when you are the human equivalent of a potato). If you're going for a laid back/baggy/loose/cool af suit then maybe try one that nips you in at the waist and pair it with a tighter fitting top to avoid looking like a colourful bin bag.

5. Wear it with confidence. And if you haven't got any, like me, FAKE IT TIL YOU MAKE IT SISTER. Whack on some Beyonce, channel Queen Bee and get your sass on!
I thought I'd show you a few of my current favourites on the high street/give myself an excuse to procrastinate whilst online shopping so please enjoy these and treat yoself because beans on toast actually tastes really good.

*Insert upside down smile emoji here*

1. Boohoo Blue Suit
2. Topshop Green suit
3. ASOS Pastel blue suit
4. ASOS Forest Green suit
5. French Connection Pink suit
6. ASOS Stripy Green suit
7. Topshop check suit
8. ASOS check Blazer and skirt suit
9. Missguided White contrast stitch suit
10. Missguided Military Black suit
11. Shein tweed blazer and skirt
12. Y.A.S Red blazer suit

Ellie Adams - ellenextdoor
Blazer - H&M
Trousers - H&M
Trainers - Adidas
T-Shirt - Girl Vs Cancer
SunglassesValentino via Sunglass hut

So yeah, I really really love this suit. It's the perfect "I have no idea what to wear and 10 seconds to pick something because I spent too long watching Grey's anatomy whilst getting ready" outfit because it's so wearable for so many different occasions.

It's from H&M who I have to say, are absolutely smashing it in the Blazer/tailored goods - LOL, WTF ARE TAILORED GOODS? - department right now. And I honestly can't imagine ever not loving it. So I hope you enjoy it because this bad boy is going to be popping up more than Gemma Collins does on every reality show in all of the land.
Ellie Adams - ellenextdoor
And that brings me to the end of this post. I hope you liked the suits, I hope you liked photos - taken by the babein Kaye FYI - and mostly I hope you didn't mind the fact that half of this probably makes no sense and is as dull as dishwater because gal pal is currently 80% exhaustion, 10% still zen from Spain and 10% red wine. 

The next post will be better, I promise*.

*Can't really promise anything but I'm really bloody hoping it will be.

xx


Labels: