REVIEW: Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish...Star Product!

Now, before you all think I'm slower than a snail when it comes to trying 'cult products' don't worry...I'm not. This product is by no means new, in fact, if you're interested in your skincare/beauty products, are a keen reader of blogs (or have read at least one blog) or let's just be frank...if you haven't been living under a rock for the last few years then I'm sure you will have heard or seen a bit of a buzz around Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish Hot cloth cleanser. Cor, that was a right mouthful weren't it? she doesn't make it easy for us, ole Liz, does she?

Anyway, I'm going off track (me, ramble? never!) if you haven't heard about this you're in luck because I'm about to rave about this bad boy like I've never raved before. Well, I probably have but you know what I mean! I first bought this cleanser about 2 years ago (ish) after hearing LOTS about it in various beauty articles and after hearing Laura talk about it - back in the Lollipop26 days - on her Youtube Channel. By the way, completely going off point again, if you haven't checked out her blog, do it. Witty, ridiculously stylish and, I kind of feel like I live my shopping life vicariously through her (without the cries from my bank account...bonus!) Back to the product, to put it quite simply, I bought this 2years ago, and I've never used anything else since!
Here's what Liz Earle says about the product:

"Ideal for your morning or evening cleanse, this formulation works on every age and skin type, offering concentrated yet gentle cleansing power.
Our plant-based cleanser has a two-phase action. Phase one is the cleansing. Free from mineral oil, it has a rich and creamy texture and swiftly removes all traces of face and eye make up, even stubborn mascara.
Phase two is the polishing. Polish off the cream using the pure muslin cloth to gently dislodge dead skin cells and help reveal clean, soft and radiant skin.
Naturally active ingredients include eucalyptus and cocoa butter for smoother, cleaner skin.

Suitable for all skin types"
And here's what I have to say:
First of all, the formulation. It's a pretty thick but undoubtedly luxurious cream that is so soft and gentle on your skin, that it really does work for any skin type. I have normal to slightly oily skin and I have never had any issues with this, whilst at the same time a friend of mine has extremely dry skin and it does wonders for her too. I use it once a day (normally at night to remove the last traces of my 10inches of makeup) massaging it in, leaving it to work it's magic for a while before removing it with the muslin cloth included with the starter pack, and also available to buy at at counters.
Another thing to note is its smell, it has a strong eucalyptus smell which personally doesn't bother me either way but if eucalyptus is not your thing, then I would bare that in mind. What I think is a major selling point for the cleanse and polish is that it's completely safe to use on your eyes - closing them first obviously, common sense I know, but thought I'd add that in for anyone out there with a similar IQ to me ;) - really massaging into the lashes. I am not joking when I say that this product removes ALL traces of make up, even waterproof and the practically semi-permanent Max Factor false lash 24hr.
After letting the product sink into your skin for a while, I then use a muslin cloth which gently exfoliates away any leftover makeup and dead skin cells (what a lovely thought). I am not joking when I say these two steps together leave your skin feeling unbelievably clean, clear and fresh, and for someone that quite often works 19/20 hour days (meaning that my orange war paint...I mean foundation...has been on my skin a long time), it is quite literally a god send!
For me, there's not much more to say other than this product is my life saver. Screw defibrillator's, screw ventilators, screw any life saving equipment out there, nothing touches what the Cleanse and Polish does for me. (God/paramedics/doctor, if I do ever end up having a heart attack or the like, please do not turn up with a bottle of Liz Earle, I am only joking!)
 
You can buy a starter kit which includes a 100ml bottle of Cleanse and Polish and two muslin cloths either online or in stores at John Lewis for £14.25

So there you are, I know there are a large amount of reviews on this product - probably written a thousand times better, and a million times more seriously - but I thought I'd share this must have product for me, with you.

Hope you enjoyed this post, if you have any 'can't live without' items please comment below, I'd love to hear from you :)

Thanks so much for reading!

xx

Labels: , ,